Friday, April 11, 2014

Spice Drawer Apothecary Cabinet Makeover

Just wanted to share a spice drawer cabinet that I madeover this week.
 
I thought it would be fun to change it up a bit and do two colors.
 
 
 


I had to clean the piece first. It had a fair amount of kitchen grease on it.
Then I sanded it, to prepare it for paint.
 

 
 
The drawers got painted seafoam green.
The color reminds me of jadeite.
 
 
 

 
 
The rest of the cabinet got painted white and lightly distressed.
 

 
 
I glued a knob onto the bottom middle section to make it match the other drawers.
It didn't have one when I started.
 
This area isn't actually a drawer, it is an open space.
I'm not sure why it was made this way and have been trying to think of a clever use for the opening,
but I haven't come up with anything great yet.
 
Maybe teabags?
 Maybe taller spice bottles or salt & pepper grinders?
 

 
 
What would you do with the open space on the bottom shelf?
I'm stumped.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to peak at my spice drawer makeover
and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
Linking to:
 

4 comments:

  1. Another sweet project, Adina! Hmm, I wonder what that opening was used for to?.. Now, I would put some sweet flowers in there. Or keep taller Bottles or jars in there. Guess it depends exacly where you put it :) zHope you have a super blessd weekend!!

    :-) ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flower idea Sherri. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a nice weekend. Have a SUPER WEEK!

      Xo,
      ~Sheri

      Delete
  3. This is the exact, and perfect, color of jadeite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete